escapist

Friday, November 03, 2006

THANK YOU MY BEST FRIEND

this post is delicated to my best friend, censored. (censored is her nick)

and this text is in green color which is her favourite color.

thank you for instilling some sweet memories which we had since young. because all this while i had plain forgotten the old times we had.

i was too caught up with bloody never-ending projects in poly. it was only today that i checked out her blog which featured our 10 years friendship tribute as well as the commercement of my birthday. (my birthday was over - it was 2 days ago)

as i read her blog, i felt so moved and all the old photos brought back the memories which i gingerly savoured every single bit of it.

i knew her since the age of 9, in primary 3. we studied together, were classmates from primary 5-6 and took same PSLE, became classmates again from sec 1 - 4 and sat for same o'levels, and as Fate seemed to decree it an end of studying together, we finally had different tertiary education. it was indeed kind of sad that time for we had to cope with different environments and lead our own lives then. however we still managed to keep in touch and our friendship had never once weakened despite lesser time to meet and chat. perhaps it was due to our "strong" bond? i noticed that we can read each another's minds since young. so this factor could contribute to our long time friendship.

these photos which she had put up, had really moved not only my heart, but stirred my soul within me and brought out the child-like innocence hiding inside me all this while. i felt like a child once again, being so carefree and happy. i really felt like breaking down for once, after all the time that i had been so occupied with my tertiary life. i realized that i almost abandoned my old memories behind while pursuing current tertiary life of mine. it was all thanks to her that i'm able to gather my old memories and never abandon them behind again.

what i'm feeling right now; it's difficult to describe into words. even if there are such chim words to descibe it, it can never be described smoothly. it is only understood by the heart, only if one feels it.

i see myself in these old photos, i felt so silly and awkward and awfully glad to be able to reminiscense. these days, i was just a little girl, with a wildful and naive mind, and that dare-devil and heck-care attitude (which made everyone shoot their mouths off when they saw me doing the unexpected). now this very same girl who u know, is still the same a little except that she had matured alot ever since and the heck-care attitude still exists in her sometimes.

our long-lived friendship is something which i had never expected to flourish since primary 3 and it is still going on strongly. it is one of the best things which had happened to me in my life and i had been appreciating it all this while. to be able to have a person who can read my mind and share anything with me, is truly very consoling to know for i have earned a very precious friend in my life out of millions of millions of people in this world.

once again, i thank you for keeping our friendship bond alive and thanks for these photos! (through we may seem too childish and too ugly as children!) and i will be seeing you again for lunch later! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home