escapist

Thursday, December 14, 2006

LAST CRIT

hmmm.

just felt like sharing something which i've experienced for the last time in my life. my last crit.

it went alright, in fact it was much shorter compared to all of my previous crits, lasting at least twenty mins. it was barely twenty minutes, it was only about between ten and fifteen minutes. i wrote so much about my concept and its elaborations, just to receive little questions and massive comments.

usually i would be questioned more than receiving comments. however this time, they seemed to understand my concept easily when they commented on this and that, tallying with my concept. their few questions were merely on the areas which they wanted to know, like what areas in which positions and the circulation. i could answer all questions easily with my own stand and thankfully, when i was wanting to illustrate my reasons, my panels had the pictures as if it was god-sent to support my reasons. in fact, this didn't happen in my previous crits! i must say that i was lucky this time! hehe.

*thank you, my lucky star for giving me what i needed to back up my explanations*

and i don't know why the lecturers are alot more lenient than before. well, let me trace back our conversations...

martin: ramp stepping up or going down then will reach the film area or suicide area?
me: *pauses for a second, kinda puzzled why he asked that question* ramp stepping up to film area then another ramp going down will reach suicide. *shows him the partial model*

puay toon: *speaks to me while tracing out the area on my panel* is this RAN? is this suicide? is this films area?
me: *nods my head and says yes very softly everytime*

martin: are these the materials? *points to the perspective on my panel*
me: *shows him the puzzled look*
puay toon: oh, he means that, where are your materials?
me: oh! *shows both of them my material board*
martin: yes yes... * looks at material board and goes mumbling okok*

olivia: *cuts in puay toon's conversation abit abruptly* peilan, where are your details from?
puay toon: *he thought i didn't understand so he wrote on white board, asking me for the details source*
me: *shows them the details from the floor plan*

chinleng: *nudges me gently, asking to see my 2 models which i had been holding on for explanation*
me: *hands him the models gingerly, glad to have free hands as i was kinda struggling to hold them while explaining via writing on white board and gesture same time*

olivia: ok, but is your screen a screen or a wall? how thick?
me: ah...no not screen...a wall, 50mm thick.
olivia: 50mm only? wall? so thin? *bursts into laughter, influencing martin and puay toon to chuckle at me* no, it should be 100mm thick wall...

alexis: *cuts into olivia's conversation* is your "screen" actually a gypsum board?
me: oh yes, that's the one!
alexis: olivia, her screen is actually a gypsum board!
olivia: oh! peilan, u can use 9mm, 12mm or 16mm thick gypsum board not 50mm thick! *laughs again*
me: *giggles sheepishly and nods same time*

chinleng: your circulation is very good and clear, but too many walls for panels display. later people will get dizzy when they turn around and around... *pretends to shift his head and act dizzy, then bursts into laughter with olivia, puay toon, martin and alexis who had been listening to him all this while*
me: *giggles at chinleng's humourous act*
puay toon: i agree with chin leng, too many walls...*still chuckling*
me: *nods while giggling*

olivia: ok, finished... *the rest went back to their seats*

alexis: *hands me the notes-taking paper and smiles smugly* (it's because yixian supposed to be my notes assistant but she didnt understand what was going on so i had to record down all the comments made by lecturers on the white board)

well, i handed alexis the notes-taking paper after recording down and packed everything with a light heart and i was just slacking around watching wee soon's crit when my guy smsed me that he just ended school! it was only 3.30pm i guess. so early man. it added to my light mood and i headed down to catch him at macs and went home together!

hahaha. what a light-hearted day it was for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home